A U D I O M I C R O M U S I C L I C E N S E S 1 0 1
Want to know more about what our Standard License for Music Track covers?
Let us give you the 411.
We’ll cover all the music licensing types in this article, but will focus on our tried and true- The Standard License for our Royalty Free Music Tracks.
We’re stoked to offer you the most affordable Standard License price in the industry, not to mention our HUGE library of HIGH QUALITY tracks, all for just $34.95 per song. Woot!
So where can you utilize these tracks? Let us count the ways…
- In any free apps, podcasts, software, and games, utilized on iPhone, iPad, Android, & Facebook. As long as it’s free, you’re free to use these songs as many times as you’d like! Score!
- In any non-downloadable casual games played exclusively via a web browser, both free and paid. Live Games = Game on!
- In any creative project videos that are non-advertisements, for TV, Radio, Wedding Videos, and Corporate Videos. No Ads = No Problem!
- ANYWHERE on the world wide web (we like to call it the Interwebs), including on YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Websites, Web Videos, & Slideshows. That’s right, anywhere on YouTube land – so create away!
- In any Film Festivals projects, both student and professional. We love making big screen debuts!
And what about Reproduction?
The Fine Print :: The Standard License includes the reproduction of up to 1,000 copies of your project in physical, tangible products like CD’s, DVD’s, VHS tapes, Blu-rays, toys, and console games.
So, in sum, the Standard License is all you need, unless of course, you are using the music in the following scenarios. ::
- For Ads- In an Advertisement to be run on Television or Radio
- For Films Not at Film Festivals – In a commercial film release or theatrical presentation (excluding film festival screenings)
- For large-scale Paid Games- In a paid (i.e. not free) iPhone/iPad/Android app, podcast, or downloadable software/game where more than 1,000 copies will be downloaded. Notice: Apps and games that offer “in-app” purchasing by the user are considering paid (i.e. not free) and require the Mass Reproduction License if more than 1,000 will be distributed.
- For large-scale Reproduction- In over 1,000 physical/tangible reproductions of a product like CD’s, DVD’s, Blu-rays, toys, and console games.
So there are the In’s and Out’s of our Standard License, and all for $34.95!
Quite the steal, wouldn’t you say? And just a reminder that your dollars are supporting the very deserving and talented musicians and artists who spend countless hours providing you with premium sounds!
Now remember, these deets cover our Music Tracks only. Interested in Sound Effects SFX Licenses, click here.
Didn’t cover your intended use? Keep reading for increased coverage.
Here’s a run-down of ALL the MUSIC LICENSE options – depending on your use:
- A) Standard License
- B) Mass Reproduction
- C) Television/Radio Advertisement
- D) Theatrical/Commercial Film
B) MASS REPRODUCTION – $134.95 for up to 10,000 copies to $284.95 for unlimited.
This license is ONLY required if you wish to make over 1,000 physical/tangible reproductions of your product or utilize the music in a paid (i.e. not free) iPhone/iPad/Android/Facebook app, podcasts, software, and/or games where more than 1,000 copies will be downloaded.
Notice: The Standard License allows up to 1,000 downloads of both free and paid software/games as well as unlimited downloads of free (and not allowing in-app purchasing) iPhone/iPad/Android apps, podcasts, softwares, and games. Therefore, you do NOT need to purchase a mass duplication license unless you’re distributing over 1,000 physical/tangible reproductions of videos, softwares, games, toys within media such as CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes and the like OR using the music in paid (i.e. not free) iPhone/iPad/Android apps and podcasts to be downloaded more than 1,000 times.
Mass Reproduction license prices:
- The standard license price of $34.95 plus $100 for up to 10,000 reproductions
- The standard license price of $34.95 plus $250 for unlimited reproductions
C) TELEVISION/RADIO ADVERTISEMENT – $134.95 to $284.95.
This license is ONLY required if you are using the music in an Advertisement run on either Television or Radio.
Television / Radio Advertisement License prices:
- For Music used in Local/Regional advertisements played on Television or Radio (with a range of 250 miles in all directions from the broadcast center), the price is the Standard License price of $34.95 plus $100 ($134.95)
- For Music used in Nationwide/Worldwide advertisements played on Television or Radio, the price is the Standard License price of $34.95 plus $250 ($284.95 total)
D) THEATRICAL / COMMERCIAL FILM RELEASE – $284.95 for worldwide rights.
This license is ONLY required for commercial film releases and theatre presentations. Utilization of the music in non-commercial, educational, and editorial projects, like student films and contest submissions, is included in the Standard License. Please be sure to credit “Royalty Free Music by AudioMicro” in your project.
Theatrical/Commercial License Price: The Standard License price of $34.95 plus $250 per track
All of our licenses allow you use the music solely in your own projects. You cannot resell the music as a standalone product or create a derivative work that primarily contains just the music and the resell it as your own, such as a meditation CD with your voice running over the music. If you’d like to use the music in such a manner, please contact us for a special license arrangement.
We offer a bonus of 20% on purchases over $500 and in the form of store credit to be used with your next purchase. Simply contact us after you have made your purchase and we’ll place the bonus into your account. We also offer bonuses for verified charities and nonprofits.
So that’s AUDIOMICRO’s Licensing 101 friends.
Let us know if you have any questions, and Go Forward and Create!
~The AudioMicro Team