Today, we are pleased to officially announce a completely redesigned and all new AudioMicro.com. It’s the culmination of many months of hard work by our team.
We’ve been listening to your feedback and the latest version of AudioMicro incorporates your suggestions. Highlights include:
- an awesome new HTML5 audio player that allows you to quickly listen to your search and browse results, easily add them to your favorites, and your shopping cart
- cleaner, slicker interface and user experience
- improved, more accurate search and advanced search features
- elimination of non-selling, low rated music tracks so that you’ll only hear the highest quality tunes
- addition of over 100,000 new sound effects from the world renown Sound Ideas library.
- more affordable sound effects pricing
- watermarked, downloadable preview files (coming soon)
- a highly simplified license agreement (no more platinum collection)
- elimination of subscription plans for future purchases
- MOST IMPORTANT – we’ve eliminated the credit system in favor of a more simple, dollar based pay as you go shopping experience (like Amazon.com)
Full details are in the press release below. We hope 2012 is your best year ever.
AudioMicro Adds 100,000 New Sound Effects from Sound Ideas; Unveils Redesigned Website, Pricing, and License Agreement
AudioMicro.com to represent over 100,000 sound effects from the Sound Ideas library. New website offers simplified end user license agreement and pricing schema.
LOS ANGELES, April 27, 2012 – AudioMicro.com announces the addition of the Sound Idea sound effects library, adding over 100,000 professional royalty free sound effects to its online archive. Headed by Brian Nimens, an audio veteran with more than 35 years experience, Sound Ideas offers an immense variety of contemporary and vintage sound FX keeping its ears tuned to the current and future needs of sound designers and producers.
“We are pleased to make our sounds available through AudioMicro, a real innovator in the marketplace,” said Nimens.
Categories within the Sound Ideas collection include ambience, animals, impacts, guns, production elements, science fiction, whooshes, and everything in between. The addition of Sound Ideas brings AudioMicro’s total file count to over 300,000 stock music and sound effects tracks, all pre-cleared for use in creative audio-visual productions.
In addition to the 100,000 new sound effects from the Sound Ideas library, AudioMicro has launched a new version of its website, targeted at purchasers of royalty free music and sound effects, including YouTube users, iPhone/iPad app developers, and film/TV producers. New visitors to AudioMicro.com will find a completely revamped user interface and design, making it a rich and simple destination for discovering and licensing stock audio.
Visitors to the new AudioMicro experience improved utility and design, including:
- A slick HTML5 audio player which allows users to more easily browse the archive and locate the perfect cue or effect for their projects
- Pay as you go, dollar based pricing – the credit based purchasing system has been retired
- A simplified end user license agreement that allows tracks to be purchased once and used over and over again in multiple projects by the same buyer
- Embeddable Tracks – embed your favorite tracks on websites, blogs, Facebook, etc.
- Customizable Favorites Lists – create multiple favorites collections to preview your favorite tracks on the fly, before you buy
- API Integration – the AudioMicro API allows approved partner platforms and resellers to create highly customizable applications utilizing the AudioMicro library. Early API partners include SlideRocket, Hark, and Amana Images (Japan)
- Brand new content and features to be announced over the coming months
AudioMicro is the largest micro stock music and sound effects collection. With over 300,000 royalty free music tracks and sound effects ready to be downloaded on demand, if it’s audio that you need, we’ve got you covered. We license music and sound effects to media producers of all shapes and sizes. Our music ends up in a wide variety of productions from independent regional advertisements to full scale national campaigns. Our sound effects can be heard in everything from Kill Bill Volumes 1 and 2 to your friends’ recent YouTube video.
About Sound Ideas
Founded in 1978, Toronto-based Sound Ideas was the first company to release sound effects libraries on compact disc, and the first to release the sound effects library of a major motion picture studio. The company publishes more than 1,000 CDs and more than 150,000 sound effects. It continues to adapt new technology in order to offer quality audio to professional sound designers and producers in the broadcast, post-production and multimedia industries.