paul stokes now lives in middlesbrough, cleveland, england. he has had classical and rock experience and now spends his time composing and creating new works. late teens and early 20s found him composing pieces with friends, eventually co-forming the band-giantkiller, which led to concerts and album...Read more...s including the usa. at this time the punk era was born, but the band remained rock-influenced, although borrowing some of the punk energy!
from the early 70s to the mid 80s, two albums were made with the band in pasadena, usa, and one in pity-me, county durham.
he continued after some time out, to write songs and instrumental works, eventually completing a solo instrumental album in 2000-imagination
classically trained on piano, he quickly found it restrictive and progressed, learning from other musical styles - typically pop, rock and roll.
his writing crosses over the divides of classical/rock/popular and other genres, using some of the latest hi-tech studio production techniques and samples. writing in various styles, it is said that the rich textures and melodic themes excite, producing a "film-like" quality.
changes in direction came after successfully completing a diploma in ‘music for the media’ with the los angeles film institute (film, tv, corporate video, games etc) through deepwater blue.
scores for a film short-stix-by director steve peckover starring: libby davidson & vic reeves, including a trailer for the world renowned annimex awards followed recently.
in 2004, paul composed a work called concepcion, dedicated to his fathers memory which was arranged and conducted by the noted film composer: deborah mollison, and performed by members of the northern sinfonia and others.
further works include writing the trailers for annimex film festival 05 & 06 including the trailer music for ‘a century in stone’ by director craig hornby.
paul stokes continues to sell works round the world and gathers an ever growing following.
for the future paul will continue with experimental works and compositions, including classical and electronic music and other collaborations.
developing his company-emerald city productions, especially the library music section is of prime importance.
see www.emeraldcitypro.co.uk for more details……
• imagination-solo album in 2000
• stix (2003)-commendy film by steve peckover starring libby davidson and vic reeves.
• take my hand (2003)-music to poem by kosana vusami.
• concepcion (2003)-classical work performed by members of the northern sinfonia and conducted by the noted deborah mollison.
• a century in stone (2004)-trailer score-by director craig hornby.
• annimex-(2005 & 2006) international film festival trailer music.
• storm (2006)-a orchestral symphonic work released on itunes.
• oort clouds (2006)-library music cd, of atmospheric music.
• naturalvibze (2006)-library music cd of orchestral type works.
• cosmic renditions (2008)- cd
• easy street (2008)- cd
• naturale (2008)- cd
• natrualforce (2008)- cd
• kits & bits (2008)- cd
• eclectic 2(2008)- cd
• industrianoplois (2008)- cd
• sunken worlds - (2008)- cd
• senario (2008)- cd
• chthonic netherworld (2008)- cd
• storm (2008)- cd
• imagination (2008)- cd
Tracks in portfolio: 126
Tracks added to favorites: 104